Where masonry has cracked and failed as a result of ground movement, weathering or increased loads, the Helibeam System provides stress-free horizontal bed joint reinforcement which ties the masonry together while creating deep masonry beams which restore integrity and distribute structural loads. Other ties and fixings provide lateral and vertical restraint to complete the system, which is applicable to all types of masonry structure.
For many situations, the Helibeam System offers a structurally sound alternative, at significantly less cost than underpinning but, if necessary, the system can be combined with additional support to the foundation in the form of screwpiles.
The technique can also be used to form lintels over openings where none exist as part of the original construction.
Charterbuild are approved installers of the Helibeam System, and have many years experience in its design and installation. We are pleased to offer free site visits and give advice and/or propose a repair strategy tailored to individual circumstances. An insurance backed guarantee is available with the system.
- quick and easy to install
- effectively restores structural stability at reduced cost
- structural loads supported and redistributed
- no further stresses introduced
- flexibility accommodates normal structural movement
- economical alternative to underpinning/rebuilding
- greatly simplifies lintel and window replacement
- sympathetic and non-disruptive means of repair ideal for listed or historic buildings
- effective within buildings, bridges and tunnels